Question of the week...
...What are somatic cells?
...Somatic cells are white blood cells sent to fight udder infection
What is Mastitis...
“Inflammation of the mammary gland”. It leads to high economic losses, and is characterized by:
• High somatic cell count (decreased milk quality)
• Decreased milk production (less amount)
• Abnormal milk to visual observation
• General symptoms (fever, depression, etc.).
Training - How to singe udders
Hair removal is a vital process to improve udder cleanliness, reduce bacteria and make udder prep easier in the parlor. The fastest way to remove udder hair is to singe the udder on a regular basis. This process is easy and can save time in prepping cows by helping keep the udders cleaner.For a diagram of how to properly singe udders see How to Singe Udders.
Dale Carnegie - Quote of the week...
“Is enthusiasm important in selling? Yes, genuine, heartfelt enthusiasm is one of the most potent factors of success in almost any undertaking.”
Salespeople often face rejection, and it can be tough to stay upbeat on every call. Here are some ways to build and maintain one's enthusiasm:
- Act enthusiastic and you will feel enthusiastic
- Call a satisfied client when you feel you need a lift
- Spend more time with enthusiastic people, and less time with complainers
- Set achievable short range goals, and celebrate after you've reached them